It is a gentle full body massage to reduce stress and tension in the body.
It is also very relaxing and refreshing.
- Imporves circulation: efficent and increased oxygen and nutrients delivery
- Clears toxins and carbo dioxide
- Lowers high bloodpressure
- Boosts immune system
- Deeper and more efficent breathing
- Promotes general relaxation
- Better lymphatic drainage
- Relieves muscle fatigue, soreness and stiffness
- Sedates or stimulates the nervous system, depending on the type of massage strokes
- Improves neuron communication
- Relieves insomnia
- Balances the digestive system
- Improves muscle tone
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Soothes and comforts the client
- Creates positive feelings
- Increases energy by invigorating all the bodily systems
- Improves body image and self-esteem
Holistic massage is an individual treatment that is specifically tailored to each client.
A holistic practitioner treats the client as a whole, taking into account their emotional and spiritual well-being, as well as their physical body.
Massage is a form of manipulation of the soft tissues of the body which has developed over thousands of years. From ancient China to present-day Europe it has been used for the promotion and restoration of health.
Modern massage is based on techniques developed by Per Henrik Ling (1776 – 1839), a physiologist and fencing master. He was from Sweden and massage is still referred to as Swedish Massage because of his influence. Many systems and methods exist, but Swedish Massage remains the basis for most massage practices. It is a central part of therapies such as physiotheraphy, stress-management and aroma therapy. Massage is beneficial to all body systems and is a natural and effective way to treat physical and psychological conditions.